Direction & Administration (D&A) Section is the parent Section from which Odisha Police has originated. It’s functions are as follows:
- Deals with all matters related to Odisha Police (both Armed Police and Civil Police) along with personal matters of Police personnel upto rank of Sub-Inspector of Police. This includes issuing clarifications regarding their pay fixation, RACP / MACP and other such career progression schemes, disciplinary proceedings referred to by Odisha State Police Headquarters, sanction of leave and journey beyond the State.
- Formulation / amendment / relaxation of Recruitment Rules / Orders along with direct recruitment of Police personnel in rank of Sub-Inspector / SI (Armed) and Constable / Sepoys. Along with it, rules related to appointment of meritorious sportspersons against Group C and Group B posts under Odisha Police are devised by this Section.
- Formulation of Rules / Notifications/ Circulars guiding service conditions of Odisha Police personnel.
- Court Cases pertaining to Odisha Police where Home Department is a party. This includes personal matters upto rank of Sub-Inspector of Police.
- Creation of new Police Station / Outposts / Beat Houses in the State along with their upgradation as and when required. Along with notifying the territorial jurisdiction of newly created Police Stations.
- Creation of new organizations/institutions under Odisha Police as and when required depending upon prevailing law and order situation in the State.
- Alienation / relinquishment of land required by/under control of Odisha Police.